10 Things To Do If You’re Single On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Whether you’re single or in one of those relationships that’s so cute everyone else secretly wishes they were you, Valentine’s Day can be stressful. There’s the pressure of trying to gauge whether or not your partner is “into” Valentine’s Day, making reservations last-minute if they are, or scrambling to find friends to get just one drink, c’mon you don’t have class till 11 tomorrow, please!

Here’s a handy list of things that you can do on Valentine’s Day to avoid the crowds of couples. And remember, there’s nothing wrong with being single and buying half-off candy the day after.

1. Catch up on homework

Because really, it’s just another Tuesday and you know you’ve been avoiding that assignment for your Wednesday class.

2. Have friends over to make dinner

Avoid the crowded restaurants and have your friends over for dinner and a movie: no wait, no stressed-out servers, just you and your friends.

3. Go to the gym

Take care of yourself before you worry about finding someone to take you out to dinner.

4. Go shopping for yourself

Distract yourself from roses and chocolate with those new shoes…and shirt…and bag you’ve been wanting.

5. Organize your closet and donate to charity

It’ll make you feel better than a date will and you can make a difference in someone’s life.

6. Call your representatives in the House and the Senate

Use your time wisely and make a change. Your voice matters!

7. Make spring break plans

Plan that road trip with your friends! You even have an excuse: you didn’t spend money on a fancy dinner.

8. Learn something new, whether it’s a recipe, a card game or the latest political drama.

You’ll be a better person for it, and you can impress all your friends.

9. Watch an NYFW fashion show and get inspired to create new outfits with pieces you already have.

Innovation at its finest.

10. And when all else fails…

What’s your favorite thing to do on Valentine’s Day, whether you’re single or in a relationship? Let me know in the comments! I’d *love* to hear about it.

Morgan is a senior studying Mass Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in English at USF. She also writes for WUSF News 89.7, The Oracle, CollegeFashionista, and USF PRSSA's blog.
I am a junior at the University of South Florida. I am specializing in Public Relations while pursuing certificates in Business and Visualization & Design. I hope to one day combine all of these and pursue law in the entertainment and even branch out to other passions in family law. While I am studying to achieve these dreams, I have furthered my collection of coffee cups and obsession with caffeine. I currently work as a barista and love to whip up new ideas, whether it be actual coffee creations or branding ideas. My other hobbies include enjoying short walks to the movies and my computer. This is usually to catch up on the latest and greatest shows. If it's not film, it is music. I love the thrill of listening to live music of my favorite and new bands. These inspire me to discover my individuality and brand, while challenging myself to help others find theirs.