Top 5 Shows to Binge Watch Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

With midterms gearing up (+ torrential LA rains), there’s no better time than now to indulge in a new series. Well, lets face it, there’s never really a good time. So, what’s holding you back? Check out this list of new shows that have made staying indoors a treat– I promise you won’t regret it.

1. This Is Us: #1 on the list for a reason, this show will take you on an emotional rollercoaster every damn episode. If you aren’t hooked by the pilot, I seriously question your sanity. Brought to you by the writer of Crazy, Stupid Love, this honest yet provocative ensemble dramedy explores modern familial relationships. Plus, Randall and Beth are #CoupleGoals.

1. The Night Of: This electrifying eight-part miniseries explores a murder trial in New York and serves as a burning assessment of the Criminal Justice System. If weighty murder mysteries are your ish, I guarantee you’ll be up till 0400 wondering if Nasir Khan is a guilty man. I know I was.

1. Billions: Remember Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis) from Homeland? Well, he’s back: This time at the center of the action as a hedge fund titan. Wall Street, wealth, corruption–you’re bound to be hooked.

1. Stranger Things: Netflix, you’ve done it again! While science fiction-horror is far from a genre that would typically appeal to me, this tasteful supernatural series has completely won me over. Season 2, I’m looking forward to you.

1. Transparent: Very topical, the story revolves around an L.A. based family and their dysfunctional lives following the discovery that their father is transgender. With season 4 under way, there is plenty to binge on.

Just a Canadian girl trying to make in LA, major foodie and fashion fiend.
Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!