thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Online Shopping Coming to Snapchat!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

Online Shopping is Coming to Snapchat!

Everything you need to know:

1. Users will soon be able to online shop on the popular social media platform, Snapchat.

2. Joanna Coles, the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan and a member of Snapchat’s board of directors made the announcement in late February.

3. Coles said the online shopping feature will be in the Discover section under the Sweet channel.

1. The Sweet channel was co-created by Snapchat and Hearst. Hearst is a communications company that owns over 50 newspapers, 31 television stations, leading cable networks, and other multimedia outlets.

2. Sweet exists today in the Snapchat discover section and features different fashions, art, food, music, and more.

3. Snapchat is still figuring out the technology of allowing users to purchase goods directly from the app.

4. Snapchat has not yet announced a definitive date of when the online shopping feature will become available – but don’t worry, it’s coming.

Questions users have about online shopping on Snapchat:

1. Will I only have 10 seconds to decide if I want a product?

2. Snapchat has a history of being hacked – can I guarantee my credit card information will not be stolen?

3. What stores can I order from?

4. How can I contain my excitement?

5. Will this make me go broke?

1. Will it be as great as the rainbow-coming-out-of-mouth filter?

2. When is it going to happen???

Stay tuned, Snapchatters.

Spot me at USC making a fire playlist on Spotify or cracking a classic dad joke.    
Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!