Lovesick

Seems like we’re in an alternate reality, so here are some alternative views:

• Before the pandemic, there was another kind of disease spreading around college campuses: hookup culture. 
  • Before the pandemic, there was the freedom to safely love whoever you choose (including yourself). 
  • Growing closer with your person during quarantine, relationships thriving like the virus despite the tests along the way.
  • Too much constant closeness and not enough healthy outlets, so there were breakups. Before there were new strains, relationships were already strained.
  • Finding that a person can feel like home.
  • Finding yourself the host for the genetic information of their viral negativity. 
  • Domestic abuse increased with the case counts. 
  • Quarantining all alone, loneliness and mental illness.
  • FaceTime dating means I already know your politics, your social distancing practices, and that we can hold a conversation before you get to hold my hand for the first time (committed before committing).
  • Walking and sharing words while wearing masks, thinking about hidden lips so kissable. 
  • Seeing a random guy means putting my entire household at risk, guess it’s just another side effect of hookup culture. 
  • Defining boundaries and expectations for social distancing leads to more communication in the relationship.
  • At least there is testing even if there is no preventing. 
  • Taking the time to get to know someone is worthwhile. 
  • I hope this pandemic comes to an end in a short while.
  • Will we reach the promised New Normal?
  • Or just go back what we thought of as normal.