New Gym Opening on the Coast!

Rock climbing enthusiasts across the Sunshine Coast are eagerly awaiting the opening of climbing centre, Rockit Climbing Gym! The Warana gym hopes to open its doors during the Winter break! So chuck on those climbing boots and get down there as soon as the ‘open’ sign is out the front! Manager, Royce Genn says the climbing walls are being built in Victoria.”They will then be transported up on a series of semi-trailers and craned into position,” he says. Royce says he hopes Rockit Climbing Gym rivals the fun and welcoming atomspheres of other climbing centres in Australia. The location means it’s just a short 10 minute drive from the USC campus.                                                                                                                                                                                                         
You can find Rockit Climbing Gym on Facebook to be one of the first to know when it opens! Will you be going to check out the gym when it opens? Leave your comments below!

Michaela is a second year Communication student at the University of the Sunshine Coast, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Public Relations. She chose this degree because she has a passion for writing and editing. Her dream job would be one where she can write for national and international media, while being paid to travel and eat the best food the world has to offer. Michaela's other passions include travel, cooking and running. The next places on her list to visit are USA and Canada, then southern Africa.