Your Guide to Valentine’s Day Dinner in Rhode Island

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Valentine’s Day is different for everyone. Some people are in long term relationships while others are just starting to move forward with a new fling. Either way, landing the right dinner reservation is key. When you live in a place like Rhode Island, where it is easy to travel from one town to another in less than one hour, choosing a restaurant can get pretty tricky. Here is our guide to all the best dinner spots in the state; perfect for all kinds of dates and relationships.

1. Trio Restaurant

15 Kingstown Road, Narragansett, RI 02882

401-792-4333

Menu

Trio is perfect for the URI student who doesn’t want to drive too far. Located in the Narragansett Pier, it is easily accessible by students on campus, in Bonnet Shores, and in Eastward Look. It’s lengthy wine and drink list makes this the perfect place to come on first, tenth, or hundredth date.

2. Diego’s Mexican Restaurant

11 Bowens Wharf, Newport, RI 02840

(401) 619-2640

Menu

Diego’s of Newport is friendly, funky, and flippin’ delicious. If you make it to the island for the holiday, this is the place to go. Make sure you try the crispy pulled pork ancho springrolls and, if you like seafood, the fish tacos. Top off your meal with one of their signature margaritas.

3. Spain of Narragansett

1144 Ocean Road, Narragansett, RI 02882

(401) 783-9770

Menu

Voted one of the best restaurants in Rhode Island for six years straight, Spain of Narragansett is a quality restaurant with quality food.

4. Midtown Oyster Bar

345 Thames St, Newport, RI 02840

(401) 619-4100

Menu

Midtown is hands down the tastiest restaurant I have visited in the state of Rhode Island. Its menu is full of seafood, meat, and vegetarian options and the raw bar selection hits the spot. Settle for a few rich appetizers or indulge in eclectic entrees. Either way, this will be a meal to remember.

5. Bike Stop Café

148 Boon Street, Narragansett, RI 02882

(401) 284-1414

Menu

To your average college student, what sounds better than close-by, yummy, and BYOB? Take a trip to the Bike Stop Café located in the Narragansett Pier for a quick, cozy, and delicious meal. As long as you’re 21, feel free to bring your own six-pack or bottle of wine.

6. Federal Hill – Providence

Federal Hill is not a restaurant but an area in Providence with a bunch of amazing restaurants. Look up the area on your UrbanSpoon app and let the delicious possibilites fill your screen. 

7. Chipotle

969 Bald Hill Road Warwick, RI

(401) 821-3007

Yes, that’s right. I said Chipotle. Not everyone is going to have a Valentine, so if you’re spending the holiday riding solo, treat yo’ self. Dive into that burrito bowl!

8. Forty 1 North Restaurant

351 Thames Street, Newport, RI 02840

(401) 846-8018

Menu

If you want to impress the hard-to-impress, this is your spot. Forty 1 North is known for being a well known, and high class, hotel on the island. Expect to break your bank. Expect to taste the best steak you will ever eat.

9. Cool Beans Café

18 Kingstown Road, Narragansett, RI 02882

(401) 789-9500

Not everyone is looking to spend the night at a romantic dinner. If a quiet, afternoon date at coffee shops is more of your thing, check out Cool Beans Café located in the Narragansett Pier. This café is cute and comfy and the perfect place to get to know someone.

10. Mews Tavern

456 Main Street, Wakefield, RI 02879

(401) 783-9370

Menu

Typical, yet awesome. The Mews Tavern is home of 69 craft beers on tap and loads of savory appetizers and entrees. This is a friendly environment that is sure to be busy with friends, family, and dinner dates on Valentine’s Day.

Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.