This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

The final stretch that we have all been dreading since the start of the semester is finally upon us – finals week. You probably will feel like crying (a lot), dropping out, or declaring your major as “future stay at home mom.” Luckily, this survival guide is here to make your finals week a little less miserable.

1. Be organized.

Make a schedule of days you’re going to study for each class, that way you won’t have to do any last minute cramming. 

2. The library isn’t always the best place to study.

During finals week at URI, the library becomes so packed that I’ve seen people sitting on the floor because there were no seats. At that point, it’s better to just study in your room, dorm lounge, or at another quiet spot on or off campus. 

3. Try not to overeat.

Finals are stressful, and that calzone or milkshake may seem like the best way to get you through a long night of studying. Instead it will just make you groggy. Eating healthy meals and drinking lots of water will make you feel more energized!

4. Get a workout (or two) in.

Hitting the gym may be the least of your worries, but an hour long gym session can make you feel like a brand new woman amidst your crazy week.

5. Turn off your phone.

Many of us are guilty of procrastination, but procrastinating until the last minute can quickly turn your test grades from B’s to D’s. The only way to resist the temptation of texting and using social media when you should be studying is to just shut it off. It’s amazing how much more productive we are without distractions. 

6.  Don’t stay up all night.

Getting enough sleep is key to successfully survivng finals week, and pulling an all-nighter before a final never ends well. 

7. Remind yourself that winter break is so close.

A little motivation can go a long way.