alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Words To Live By In Your Twenties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Your twenties will be the most glorious, and hardest, part of your life thus far. It’s a decade that is romanticized for the selfishness of finding your place in the world. Luckily, everyone experiences the difficulty that comes with these years so you are not alone.

Living through your twenties is a moment in time where you want to completely fend for yourself yet, as I’m writing this, I just want to cuddle up with my mom. This is the beauty of your twenties, as we’re faced with a confusing and new center of gravity that we must simply create on our own for the first time. 

Here are some wholesome sayings to live by whenever you feel stuck in your twenties.

“I think your 20s are the hardest part of life. I mean, everyone goes on about how hard it is to be a teenager, but actually I think it’s tougher to be in your 20s because you’re expected to be a grownup and expected to earn your own living and be successful, and I think you feel like a kid still.”

-Nigel Cole

“Every woman in her late 20s goes through a period where she just doesn’t believe love is out there anymore, but it is. And I think the minute you stop looking for it is when it comes for you.”

-Kristen Bell

“When I was in my twenties, it felt like I was riding wild horses, and I was hoping I didn’t go over a cliff.”

-Chaka Khan

“The path to whatever your notion of success is will likely not be linear. Don’t take continuous personal growth for granted. Just becasuse you’re older doesn’t necessarily mean you’re wiser. Your 20s will be full of failures – let them happen and learn as you go.”

-Holden Desalles

“When you’re single and in your 20s, you thrown on a pair of jeans and look fabulous.”

-Sheena Easton

“Happiness comes out of being willing to do your work in your twenties to find out who you are, what you love.”

-Candace Bushnell

“I look back on my 20s. It’s supposed to be the prime of your life, the most vital, the most beautiful. But you’re making critical decisions and sometimes your most critical mistakes.”

-Ann Brashares

“As a kid I had dreams about being successful, thinking it would be cool. Then, when I was in my 20s, I really thought I had it much more figured out than I do now.”

-Ben Stiller