Why You Should Watch “Surviving Death” on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

I recently finished the documentary series “Surviving Death” on Netflix and now I feel compelled to share with you what I learned. I have always been fascinated by the paranormal, and always pondered what comes next after death. I kept asking myself, “Is there life in some other dimension, and how can we tap into this source to potentially connect with our loved ones after they have passed?” I even signed up to minor in Thanatology at the University of Rhode Island, which is the study of death, dying, and bereavement, so I could learn more about this taboo topic. No one likes to talk about death, which is why I think we need to talk about it even more. Not talking about it only increases the stigma and the silence. 

This series contains only six episodes, all roughly an hour in length. The episodes feature topics on the science of near death experiences with eyewitness testimony, the process of mediumship and connecting with loved ones who have passed over to the Other Side, stories of reincarnation, and receiving signs from Spirit such as seeing cardinals, butterflies, ladybugs, loose change, and repeating numbers. Each episode introduced me to a wealth of new information regarding what comes after death. The episodes contain several interviews with people who have had tremendously moving experiences with connecting to the Other Side, as well as children who remembered specific details from their past lives that could be proven. If you want to dive deeper into the unknown, I highly recommend this series as it will open your mind to possibilities of life after death that you might not have ever thought about before!

holding hands
Photo by Joe Yates from Unsplash
woman meditating on mountain
Photo by Daniel Mingook Kim from Unsplash

My name is Amanda Precopio, and I am currently a senior Film Media major at the University of Rhode Island. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for URI's HerCampus Chapter!