This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

If you know me, you know I love to shop. I mean who doesn’t like clothes? However, shopping can be an expensive hobby to have, which is why I love thrifting. Many people are hesitant when it comes to thrift shopping but it is super fun. Here are some reasons why you should give thrift shopping a chance.

1. It’s Cheap

If you’re on a budget, you may not want to shop at places like Zara or H&M. Things can get pricey real fast. At the thrift store, you can find cute clothes for less! 

2. It’s Sustainable

The rise of fast fashion has led to pollution harming the environment. Clothes are thrown out and sit in landfills. Thrifting reduces this waste and pollution, making it environmentally friendly. 

3. There are Hidden Treasures

If you do some deep searching at your thrift store, you may come across some really cool stuff. I have found designer clothes with tags still on. Not to mention, you can find vintage pieces!

Hi! My name is Casey Badal and I am the Co-President of Her Campus at URI. I am a Textiles, Fashion Merchandising and Design major with a minor in Public Relations. I love all things fashion, reading and movies!