jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Fall in New England is Better Than Fall Anywhere Else

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

What’s fall like in New England? Basically the best thing on earth and here’s why! 

The Beautiful Scenery

I honestly don’t know if I’ve seen anything more beautiful than the changing leaves in New England. I never realized growing up that I was lucky enough to experience all four seasons. There’s nothing like walking outside and being out in the cool air. The sun is still producing heat so between that and the breeze the weather is perfect. It truly feels like you’re in a movie! The nighttime is when the temperature really drops and it becomes the perfect time to cozy up next to a fire!

The Outfits

One of my favorite things about Fall is that I can break out all my cozy sweaters. If you’re anything like me, you live for the days when you can throw on an oversized sweater and curl up to a good movie. Not to mention it is a quick and simple way to look cute. You can also throw sweatpants on whenever you want. Not feeling dressy? Sweatpants. Just woke up and can’t find clean clothes? Sweatpants. The options are endless when it comes to fall outfits that suit the crisp weather in New England. 

The Activities

Where do I even begin? There are countless fall activities that you can experience in New England. Every year I make it a priority to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out a little pumpkin for myself. Trying to make your way through a corn maze can also be a fun (and sometimes spooky) experience. After that, it’s nice to drive to a small cafe and get some hot apple cider. Don’t feel like going out? Fall is the perfect time to stay in and watch all those scary movies you have added to your list. This often pairs very well with the sweatpants mentioned earlier. 

The Food

What comes to your mind when you hear fall food? Maybe pumpkin spice? Pot roast? Or your mom’s special cinnamon french toast? Fall is THE TIME for all the best foods. Not to mention Thanksgiving occurs during the Fall season and that is basically a holiday dedicated to food. No Fall would be complete without turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie and basically any warm comfort food. A lot of the amazing fall activities revolve around food as well. There’s nothing like eating cookie dough while watching horror movies. If it wasn’t for the delicious food, would fall even be the best season?

I hope now you realize how lucky you are to live in New England or that you have now decided to move here! 

My name is Katie Hannaford and I'm from Stafford, CT. I am a sophomore Health Studies major at The University of Rhode Island. I love to take cozy naps and my favorite color is yellow!