This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Duh. Obviously, it’s you!

Honestly, Valentine’s day is a little strange if you think about it. It has this cliché of being a day where you have to show your love and appreciation for your significant other. But spoiling your significant other is something you can do not just on this day surrounded by love and romance. The holiday of Valentine’s is one where people may feel forced to show love no matter what type of relationship you are in. But if you are single or even in a relationship… spoil yourself! If you’ve been working hard at school or doing your job, buy something relatively nice that you want. Why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another approach to Valentine’s day is trying to plan something with your gal pals and calling it Galentine’s. To celebrate go out and have a fancy dinner or whip up a gourmet meal at home. To end the night, snuggle up to your favorite chick flick while eating some chocolate covered strawberries with whipped cream on top. To make Galentine’s day fun and special, you could even plan secret cupid (similar to Secret Santa) so everyone gets some love from each other. You could even just write nice and loving notes if you don’t have time to buy your girlfriends something. 

This Valentine’s Day don’t forget about the most important Valentine, yourself. Show yourself some love and appreciation because you deserve it.

Amanda Lin is from Seattle, WA and is a Doctor of Pharmacy major at the University of Rhode Island! She is passionate about health, fashion, and food. Check out her webpage (amandanlin.com), and connect with her through Instagram at @amandanlin and @nomnomwithalin!