What Your Favorite Drink Says About You, As Told By Always Sunny

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

From the day you turn 21 and start navigating the bar scene, there is a lot of pressure to find a go-to drink that makes ordering easy. After some trial and error it’s no surprise that we all have our own beverage preferences. Believe it or not there’s a pretty clear relationship between your favorite drink and your personality. With the help of my fav friends from Philadelphia, here’s what your go-to says about you!

Beer

You are probably most commonly referred to as one of the guys and you might even have the ESPN app on your phone. You don’t understand the fuss over being super girly and you’re never afraid to get a little dirty. Overall, you are laid back and go with the flow no matter where the night might take you. Most importantly, we envy your ability to over look the calorie content of just one Blue Moon (164, sorry friends).

Sangria

You either LOVE hangovers or you’re magically immune to them (teach us your ways). You love to day drink and you have self diagnosed yourself with heliophilia. You probably consider yourself a social drinker and you don’t really understand how people like the taste of hard alcohol. You blame happy hour for your love of this fruity drink but hey, why be bitter when you can be sweet?

Wine

It’s tough to pinpoint exaclty who you are because honestly who doesn’t love wine? At any point in time you are happy with your life in general but there is always something that dissatisfies you. You are ambitious in most aspects and never attribute your successes to just luck. You don’t care what people think and you know you’re fabulous. The best thing about your go-to beverage is that even if you’re drinking cheap wine, you still look classy.

Champagne

You’re kind of a big deal… Most people associate champagne with celebrations and special events but your philosophy is more about celebrating how great it is to be you. You always go out with a large group of people because you truly believe the saying, the more the merrier. Popping bottles is a lifestyle and you’ve never been disappointed so far. You never dull your wild side but looking good is your priority. Oh you fancy, huh?

Vodka Cranberry

You never need to be the center of attention but no matter where you go socializing is not hard. You draw people in with your cool, calm, and collected attitude but you keep people interested with your great personality. You don’t go out to be a slob kabob and you probably end the night taking care of you friends. You’re a low-key heartthrob and people always come to you for good advice. You’re pretty low maintenance and perfectly cool just hanging out with a few close friends.

Vodka Redbull

You’re absolutely reckless and you know it. You are the first person to ask what everyone is doing tonight in all 20 of your group messages. Every night that you go out is expected to be epic and you refuse to go to sleep until you accomplish that goal. You know that college goes by in the blink of an eye and you don’t want to waste a single moment. Above all, you would never be ashamed to admit that you are Straight. Up. Cray.

Tequila

Let’s just say last weekend wasn’t the first time you were found dancing on the bar. If you had $1 for every time someone referred to you as emotionally unstable, you would be drinking Patron this weekend instead of Cuervo. You’ve walked home barefoot, cried in the bathroom, hit on a sexy cop, and your only regret is not getting any pics. If you were an action figure your catch phrase would be, “Let me live!”

Margaritas

Just like your favorite drink, you are fun, flirty, sexy, and sassy. People love to be around you because your energy is infectious. You have like 12 best friends because you need to plan activities ALL the time. Guys find you exciting and spontaneous, but also hard to keep up with because being the life of the party can take its toll. Although your extroverted side craves excitement, you don’t mind spending an incognito weekend with your mains: Netflix and take-out.

Whiskey

You are the epitome of an old soul, like literally an 80-year-old man trapped in a hot, young body. You still go to libraries because you love the smell of old books. While some people prefer chick flicks and rom-coms, you would much rather spend your time watching House of Cards or National Treasure. You could probably write your senior dissertation on the difference between neat and on the rocks, but you would much rather focus on a topic like art history.

Cosmopolitan

Whether or not you like to admit it, you are definietly a Carrie. Everyone tells you you’re high maintenance and you probably don’t disagree. You always dress well and your confidence commands attention as soon as you walk into a room. Girls want to be you and guys want to be with you. You might be stuck in the 90’s but you really don’t care because basically, you’re a #boss.

Rum & Coke

You pride yourself on being simple and practical, not to be misinterpreted as boring. You don’t hide your feelings and you know that honestly is your greatest virtue. Your friends rely on your straightforward, sometimes pretty blunt, opinions and you’ve never been afraid to turn down a sub-par guy that approaches you. 

Martini

Just like Blair Waldorf, you know that the proper martini contains gin and not vodka. You’re high class, sophisticated, and know what it means to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Your smarts go beyond your years but your witty sense of humor sets you apart from other intellectuals. You know that your exquisite tastes can sometimes come with quite the price tage but just like every other aspect of your life, you refuse to settle.

Marketing major. Beer enthusiast. Lover of sports, adventures, and movies... but first, coffee.