This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Covid-19 has all of us stuck inside while we alternate between homework, eating, and watching random stuff on the internet. I’ve been re-watching The Office for the thousandth time, but here are some titles that I suggest you watch!

“I Am A Killer” (Netflix)

This Netflix show documents the personal stories of death row inmates, which is disturbing but very interesting to binge-watch! 

“Tiger King” (Netflix)

This new limited series tells the story of a zoo owner that spiral out of control in a true murder-for-hire story from the underworld of big cat breeding.

“The Handmaid’s Tale” (Hulu)

This show is an American dystopian tragedy television series based on the 1985 novel by Canadian author Margaret Atwood. Offred is a Handmaid in the Republic of Gilead, a totalitarian and theocratic state that has replaced the United States of America. Because of dangerously low reproduction rates, Handmaids are assigned to bear children for elite couples that have trouble conceiving.

“Sebastian Maniscalco: What’s Wrong With People?” (Netflix)

This Italian comedian’s special is beyond hilarious as he picks apart the idiocy of human behavior. I am picky about stand up comedians and I recommend Sebastian Maniscalco.

“The Movies that Made Us” (Netflix)

Each episode in this series tells the behind the scenes secrets and making of the films, Dirty Dancing, Home Alone, Ghostbusters, and Die Hard. Anyone, not just film majors, can appreciate the making of these classic films. 

“Grace and Frankie” (Netflix)

This very funny show follows Grace, a retired cosmetics mogul, and Frankie, a hippie art teacher, whose husbands, Robert and Sol, are successful divorce lawyers in San Diego. Their lives are turned upside down when Robert and Sol announce that they are in love with each other and are leaving their wives.

“When They See Us” (Netflix)

This documentary tells the story of the five young African-American boys that were arrested and interrogated and coerced into confessing to the attack and murder of a white woman in Central Park in 1989. This story is heartbreaking, so expect some tears throughout! 

“The Society” (Netflix)

This modern-day Lord of the Flies scenario of a class of high schoolers being stranded in an eery isolated version of their town. The teenagers struggle to maintain a functioning society while also figuring out where the rest of their town disappeared to. I binge-watched this in a day or two.

“Unabomber In His Own Words”

This documentary tells the story of the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski’s career as a serial bomber in his own words. This is another chilling documentary that I recommend watching. 

“Game of Thrones” (HBO)

This series is an obvious recommendation that if you haven’t already watched, then now is the perfect time to. It tells the story of a medieval country’s civil war. When the story begins, a decade-long summer is ending, and winter looms as characters battle to claim the “Iron Throne,” the seat of the king of the Seven Kingdoms, the regime that rules all but the northern tip of Westeros. Quarantine is also a good time to start this book series as well, which is on my To-Do list! 

SP Home 2
JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash
A fuzzy screen in the back ground might say \"netflix\" but the image\'s selective focus is on a mug of some sort.
Pexels

My name is Amanda Precopio, and I am currently a senior Film Media major at the University of Rhode Island. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for URI's HerCampus Chapter!