books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

What to Expect: Finals Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

5 things to expect this finals season!

1. Prepare to be stressed but don’t let it consume you:

With finals right around the corner it’s easy to be pre-stressed about studying and passing. It is a stressful time. However, don’t let that stress consume you. You can handle anything that comes your way.   

2. Caffeine or die:

Pick your poison. Coffee, energy drinks or five shots of espresso. As long as it keeps your eyes open, it’s good. 

3. Sleep is for the weak:

This week you might have to sacrifice a couple of hours of beauty sleep. But that’s okay because we really want our degree ladies. 

4. Comfy clothes only:

I am a firm believer in wearing your comfiest clothes to the library (You will be there for a while.) 

5. Study effectively, don’t cram:

Trying to get a semesters worth of lessons memorized in a day isn’t fun. Pre-plan your study days. Figure out how much time you need to accurately cover the material. 

Believe in yourself. You are an amazingly smart person. You earned a spot at the university, you deserve to be here. You can do this.

Felrette Greene is currently a sophomore at the University of Rhode Island, she is currently majoring in Political Science. In her free time, she can be found watching Netflix, reading, writing, or taking pictures. You can check out her photography skills on her Instagram @ fifi.greene.