Wellness

What to do When You’re Feeling Uninspired

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Need a pick me up? You came to the right place. Here are four things you can do right now to feel inspired!

Go Shopping 

Sometimes you just need a little revamp to make you feel better. Whether or not you actually buy the clothes you pick out, it’s great to test out new things and get a feel for your style. What’s even better is you can online shop from the comfort of your own bed! Pick a few pieces that’ll help you feel inspired for the weeks ahead!

Create a Mood Board

I absolutely LOVE making mood boards or vision boards. This is a great activity to do if you don’t want to spend too much money. Gather some cool magazines or print out some inspiring pics, get a huge piece of paper and some tape or glue! Now get to cutting out all things that support the future you are looking for!

Workout

Some people find inspiration while working out while others do not. I personally love to take a workout class when I’m in a funk because it helps you refocus. Not to mention it’s a fun activity to do with friends. There are so many different classes you could take, yoga, cardio kickboxing, Zumba, you’re sure to find something that works for you!

Go for a Drive

Sometimes you need to clear your head before you can get inspired. Going for a long drive while listening to your favorite songs can be very cathartic. Driving with no destination is a great way for you to just think about anything you want!

No more wasting time, hop in that car and go for a drive!

My name is Katie Hannaford and I'm from Stafford, CT. I am a sophomore Health Studies major at The University of Rhode Island. I love to take cozy naps and my favorite color is yellow!