nail polish flatlay
nail polish flatlay
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus
Style > Beauty

What Color Should You Paint Your Nails Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Aries- Bright Red

3 heart balloons
Kristina Paukshtite from Pexels
Aries’ are known to be bold as heck, so it would make sense for them to sport a color as vibrant as red. This certainly isn’t subtle and that’s why an Aries would rock it. 

Taurus- Light Pink

pink notebook on white dish
Essentialiving
Taureans are very practical and reliable but that doesn’t mean they’re boring. This light pink pushes them a little outside of their color comfort zone while still being practical enough for them to wear on an everyday occasion. 

Gemini- Black & White

Photo by Gabriel Matula on Unsplash
Gemini’s are very indecisive so let’s give them two colors to utilize. Instead of sticking to the common one color theme, a curious Gemini will absolutely rock this dynamic color duo. 

Cancer- Gray

Amazon
Cancers can be a bit emotional and moody so gray seems like a color that they can resonate with. Keeping things neutral but still a little edgy is the perfect thing for a Cancer.

Leo- Neon Pink

Pink wrapped gift box
Unsplash
I think we all know by now that Leo’s like to stand out (and if you didn’t know, have you been living under a rock?). Neon pink may seem like a bit much, but not for Leos! This color perfectly complements their playful personality. 

Virgo- Nude

Too Faced
Virgos are very hardworking and practical so they don’t have time to obsess about their next nail color. Going with a simple nude color is ideal for this all work and no play sign.

Libra- White

blank notebook with pencil
Tirachard Kumtanom
Libras can be a bit indecisive when it comes to choosing things and let’s face it, they’ll be happy with any color! White is the perfect option for them because it goes with any color they choose to wear and offers a blank space for their imagination to run wild.

Scorpio- Burgundy

crowd
Unsplash
Scorpios are passionate and a bit mysterious which is why maroon burgundy is the perfect color for them to wear. Are they wearing a deep red color is is that black? Scorpios keep you on your toes, just like this color.   

Sagittarius- Orange

clothes
Marcus Loke
If you know a Sagittarius then you know they can be quite adventurous. Orange is such an unexpected color that will prove to be just as blunt and optimistic as a Sag.   

Capricorn- Yellow

Molly Peach-Laughing In Field
Molly Peach / Her Campus
Capricorns can be very ambitious and persistent which is why yellow is the perfect color for them! Nothing screams productivity like a bright, lively yellow manicure. 

Aquarius- Icy Blue

Joshua Earle
Joshua Earle / Unsplash
A common thought about Aquarius’ are that they are cold which is why they should opt for an icy blue nail color. Even if this stereotype isn’t true, this color isn’t super common which fits an Aquarius’ unique and original image.  

Pisces- Teal

Field Boho Hat Dress Nature
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
The symbol for Pisces is two fish so of course, I had to choose a deep ocean-like blue. This color will surely pop on a wise, gentle soul like Pisces.

My name is Katie Hannaford and I'm from Stafford, CT. I am a sophomore Health Studies major at The University of Rhode Island. I love to take cozy naps and my favorite color is yellow!