pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

URI Senior Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

September 9, 2015 was the “last first day of school” for many students. I’m talking to you, Class of 2016. As you’ve made your way through URI, you learned things here and there that have made this place unique (36 Annoying Things Only URI Students Will Understand). Now that you’re a senior, you’ve noticed even more things that have made being a senior unique. Here are 19 problems that all URI seniors can relate to:

1. It’s Wednesday and I want to go out tonight. Am I too old for Pancho’s? Yes.

2. Still taking the wrong RIPTA around campus.

3. What the heck is an Intent to Graduate form?

4. Not knowing where a building is. Never have I ever heard of Kelley Hall.

5. Then, being asked if you’re a freshman when you ask for directions.

6. Feeling guilty skipping class because you’re only enrolled in three classes this semester.

7. Not having a meal plan but really not trying to pay for lunch. Help me, I’m poor.

8. Feeling unsure about how you feel about the fact that you’re about to graduate college.

9. Realizing it’s the last time Halloween will last more than one day. Which is probably a good thing because in the past four years you’ve been a Disney Princess, a cat, a mouse, a devil, an angel, a nurse, a sailor, a police officer, a fire fighter, a Kardashian, Wonder Woman and a few others that we will not mention.

10. Wondering why your car has never been towed in all your years here. Knock on wood.

11. Wondering why your car has been towed so many times in all your years here.

12. The line at Bonvue every Thursday night.

13. When all of your professors know your name and many things about you. Hey prof.

14. Four years later and you still don’t have a boyfriend.

15. The struggle of going to Charlie O’s every Friday and Saturday night. 

16. Driving 25 minutes to go to class or go to the gym.

17. Wishing you had meal swipes to get into the brand new Butterfield dining hall. Because, well, Butt rocks.

18. Feeling old when showing the bouncer your ID cause it’s not even fake.

19. Getting a lump in your throat when you realize you’re only living in Narragansett for eight more months.

Okay, these senior problems are pretty serious but you heard it; you only have eight months left of this chapter of your life so forget about your problems and keep making those memories. Here’s to URI’s Class of 2016.

Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.