Trying to Get Homework Done As Told By Modern Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

It’s that time of year again colliegettes, our syllabuses are stuffed somewhere deep in the back seat of our cars and as the assignments start piling up, the hours of sleep are dwindling. With Halloweek in the past and Turkey Day in the near future, it’s hard to believe that we have made it through more than half of fall semester. Time to mark your calendars because the countdown to December 11th has officially begun…

It is in times like these that we must remember the wise words of Wiz Khalifa,“Work Hard, Play Hard”. Just when you think you cannot type another syllable or read another page, look to the help of America’s favorite hilarious family, have a good laugh and know that you are not alone. 

You open up your planner and have all the optimism in the world.

You think about emailing your professor and asking for an extension.

Your friend starts complaining about her 1 page paper due at 12 p.m. tomorrow.

You don’t even know what is on the TV but you would so rather watch than do your work.

Suddenly it feels like a really good time to start your Christmas list.

Hour 4 at the library and you would rather be anywhere but here.

The caffiene kicks in and you get your second wind.

You had every intention of giving the assignment your all but then it became midnight.

You can’t believe that your professor would even think about giving you this assignment.

You begin wondering what other options you may have after you drop out of college.

You try to stay positive and think about your future.

Somehow you are on Facebook again, who even uses Facebook anymore?.

Just finished your paper when your Mac dies and you pray that Word will recover the document.

You’ve decide to settle… your assignments are as good as they are going to get.

Marketing major. Beer enthusiast. Lover of sports, adventures, and movies... but first, coffee.