The Trauma of Midterms As Told by Greys Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Midterm season is upon us and to say that these next two weeks will be traumatic would be a colossal understatement.  Who better to empathize with the pain and suffering than the doctors of Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital?  Here are a few times these surgeons took the words right out of our stressed, over-caffeinated, sleep-deprived brains.

You take a look at the 21 page review with 8 chapters of information you need to know.

Unfortunately, your professor has crafted the most gramatically-incorrect study quide so you don’t even know what you don’t know.

And all those absences have finally caught up to you, and no one will give you the notes you missed.

It’s time to really study. You know you are procrastinating, but you can’t seem to stop social media stalking complete strangers.

Suddenly it’s 2:39 the morning of your exam, your hand is cramping, your highlighter has run out of ink and your eyes are crossed from staring at your Quizlets.

You simply cannot study for one more second, so you look to your roommate with a final plea.

You use your Domino’s crust to absorb your tears as the two compete in a game of “who-is-more-screwed”.

Finally, it’s exam day.

And it’s time to give yourself that pre-exam pep talk.

But panic sets in and you try to take a peek at your neighbors scantron.

Everything you thought was going to be on the exam wasn’t, and you just don’t know what you did to deserve this.

You hand your exam into your professor who looks completely purplexed as to why you look like you are on the verge of tears.

As soon as you get out of the room you check your notes after the exam to see if you got that answer right.

And you would have if you went with your gut and didn’t change your answer.

Maybe you should have made flashcards.  Maybe you should have joined that study group.  Maybe you shouldn’t have waited until the night before to glance at the review…

HAPPY MIDTERM SEASON,  LADIES!

URI Her Campus President, Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief! Jersey Girl. Public Relations & Communication Studies double major. Class of 2O17. Usually at the beach, probably petting the closest dog.