photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Top 5 Songs to Listen to When You’re “In Your Feels”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

1) Ivy by Frank Ocean – I mean, do I even have to say anything about this song when you see the artist is Frank Ocean? I think we all know that, by some miraculous act of whoever you believe in, we were given Frank Ocean so he could somehow quantify emotions otherwise unknown until we hear his music. I don’t even know how I am supposed to feel by this song… I just feel something. 

Courtesy of Pixabay

2) July by Noah Cyrus

This is a song to listen to if you are in need of some mellow vibes for your crying sesh. It definitely checks off a few “feels” boxes, as it touches upon a toxic relationship, fear of change, and not feeling good enough. 

3) Good Thing by Zedd and Kehlani

This is definitely a more upbeat song for a post-breakup on the up-and-up kind of night. I personally find this song to be quite empowering, and it helped me a lot after this guy I was talking to ghosted me. I think it belongs on this list because it’s kind of an “I’m feeling myself” type of being “in your feels” and I think that’s something we need more of. 

4) Don’t Check On Me by Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, and Ink

Again, this is kind of a post-breakup vibe, but to me, I hear more of the toxic on-and-off relationship. Even if you can’t relate to the lyrics, any slow Justin Bieber or Chris Brown song makes me feel some type of way because their voices are beautiful! 

5) Tomorrow Tonight by Loote

This song is good if you need to sing out your feelings. It’s something I resonate with and I think any guy or gal can relate to; it’s the feeling of being lost in knowing you want something you can’t have, and not knowing where to go from here. It also touches upon distracting yourself from the pain with other things, and I am not saying I condone drinking to numb the pain, but again, I think this is all something we can relate to, unfortunately.

Courtesy of Pixabay

Hello:) I am a senior kinesiology major at the University of Rhode Island. I am rather involved around campus and usually have my head in a book. I like the color yellow because it's just such a happy color!