element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Top 5 Gadgets to Ask for This Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

1. Apple Watch 

Photo by Crew on Unsplash

Even though the Apple Watch isn’t new this year, many people are still dying to buy one. It has a few different series, each with different features and prices. I think they are pretty cool, and the fact that you can get messages and call people from a watch is wild. The prices range from $249 to $1299. 

2. iPhone X

Photo by Koby Kelsey on Unsplash

The iPhone X is brand-spanking new. It just came out this fall along with the 8 and 8 plus. I have a friend with the X and I think it is the weirdest thing. There is no home button so you have to use face recognition to open your phone, which is actually pretty cool.

3. Nintendo Switch

Photo by Jippie Joosten on Unsplash

The Nintendo Switch also came out in 2017. It is a gaming console that you can connect to a TV. You can play games with up to eight friends or you can play alone and take it anywhere with you. The coolest feature to me is that you can have friends connect with their phones or tablets and play along with you!  

4. Snapchat Spectacles 

Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Snapchat Spectacles came out in 2016, but they were hard to get. This year, they are available on Amazon in all different colors! They are $129 and qualify for Prime shipping! They are pretty neat; they remind me of a Go Pro, but you can post directly to Snapchat!

5. Amazon Echo/Tap

Photo by Piotr Cichosz on Unsplash

Amazon has come out with many similar products: Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Amazon Tap. All these products have Alexa, a virtual assistant that will play music or create a shopping list for you. They are all very similar but range in their prices depending on which one you get!

Hey everyone! My name is Cassie and I am from Connecticut. I am a junior at URI majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with that major yet but hey, that's what college is for! I am obviously a apart of the URI Her Campus chapter and I am also a member of the Colleges Against Cancer here at URI. In this club, we plan the annual URI Relay for Life which is held down in Mackal Field House. I am so excited for our Her Campus launch and to be writitng weekly articles for you all :)