Style

Tips For This Year’s Spring Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Spring has officially sprung and it is time to say goodbye to our winter boots and hello to our cute cardigans! There are a lot of different ways we can style ourselves for the spring weather and plenty of new trendy pieces to make sure you’re up to date with. Here are some tips and suggestions I have for your spring wardrobe!

Winter coats ↠ Your favorite denim jacket

The best replacement for a heavy duty coat is always a nice denim jacket. There are several shades of denim, all which go well with any outfit. Whether it’s oversized, cropped or ripped, adding a denim jacket can complete any fit. 

Leggings ↠ A nice flowy pant 

While leggings can be used year round, a cute flowy pair of pants is good to have for once the weather is warmer. Flowy pants can make a simple shirt go from casual to fancy in no time.

Big Boots ↠ A cute bootie or sneaker

No more snow boots or knee highs needed, it is time to style your outfits with cute ankle booties and sneakers of all sorts. While it is not time for flip flops just yet, there are so many different styles of cute booties and sneakers that look perfect in the spring time. If you don’t have a pair yet, go check out some places like DSW or Target for the right pair for you!

Winter hats ↠ Fun sunglasses

The furry hats and thick headbands can be packed away until next winter, it is time to replace those with sun hats and a fun pair of sunglasses. They hold your hair back when they rest on your head, and block the sun when they lay on your face. A cute pair of sunglasses is a staple accessory to always have with you. If you don’t want to spend much on them, there are plenty of stores that sell cute ones for a good deal.

With these few suggestions in mind, I hope you are able to pick out some spring outfits that fit your personality and the weather perfectly. Blow this spring 2019 away with your fashion sense. Happy Shopping!

Hi! I'm Gabby Curtis and I am currently a freshman at the University of Rhode Island. I am majoring in Communications with a business minor. In my free time I love hanging with friends, staying active, and enjoying a good movie!