This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

I love clothes. Do I love spending money on them? Absolutely not. In my younger years, the thought of wearing other people’s clothes gave me the heebie-jeebies. Imagine all those germs! I also used to look at kids differently when they would mention their clothes were not bought from the same name brand stores that myself and so many other of my friends would buy ours from. 

As I got older and began to grow more into my personality and to my own personal aesthetic I found a love for the very thing I had turned up my nose to people about, Crazy right?

So now I find myself only wanting to purchase vintage-esque clothes from my nearest Salvation Army. I never spend any more than $25-$30 on various items from jeans, sweaters to dresses. “Dad jeans” have become my staple fashion statement. I just distress them on my own and pair it with an oversized (or cropped) t-shirt. 

There’s so much fluidity in thrift shopping. It’s as if as soon as you walk in, the possibilities are endless, you can create any look you want and it’s a great way to showcase your individuality. When I’m having a stressful week, a little retail therapy helps always. 

The greatest finds come when you just clear your mind and let the clothes come to you. Let the clothes guide you to them and watch the superfly outfits commence!

Thrift shopping: Yay or Nay? Yay forever and always!

Journalism major. Its’s ya girl! Xoxo, Seeonbothsidez