A Thank You Letter to the Best Friends I Made in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Dear my wonderful best friends who I have met throughout my college career so far,

Where would I be without you? That’s a question I ask myself every day. What would I have done if we didn’t cross paths a few years ago and become as close as we have in such a short amount of time? Before I came to college, the saying “everything happens for a reason” was questionable to me. But after meeting you guys, the most incredible best friends, I know that we were brought together for a reason.

Not only do I consider you my best friends, but my family forever, the women who I want to see on my wedding day (as bridesmaids of course), and the people who gave me some of my best memories thus far. As I try to write this thank you letter, I’m sure I will leave many things out; because there are so many things I can thank you all for.

Thank you for being so accepting. I know that every time I have something to talk about or confess you’ll be right there for me with open arms and an open mind. I never have to fear being judged because you know and love me for who I am as a person. Thank you for never turning your back on me when you disagree with any of my decisions and being there for me with genuine advice. I could not make it through my worst days without you.

Thank you for sharing sleepless nights with me. Whether we stayed out too long or sat in the kitchen for hours eating and talking about everything, you were always there at 4 a.m. (or any hour as a matter of fact) with me no matter the circumstances. Sitting in bed until we fall asleep and talking about ex boyfriends, family, and our futures wouldn’t be the same without you.

Thank you for helping me grow as a person. Thank you for sharing your different thoughts and attitudes about any given situation and opening up my mind to new ways of understanding. Thank you for letting me do the same and helping me become more aware of myself as a person, I wouldn’t have came this far without you.

After meeting you guys throughout my past years at college (thankful to have more left with you lovely people), I believe the universe has a way of bringing people together if they’re meant to be together. Where would I be? Who would I be? Would I have grown this much? I am eternally thankful for you, my best friends. 

Please write a short bio here! And don't forget to add a photograph!!