This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is truly a hidden rock star among URI athletes.  Rachel Bryer is a sophomore pharmacy major and the A skipper for the URI women’s sailing team.

Freshman year, Bryer took the college sailing world by storm when she was voted NEISA rookie of the year, women’s honorable mention all-American and female MVP of the sailing team.

“Sailing with the team for the past year and a half has been one of the best experiences of my life,” said Bryer. “I’ve learned so much and have really been able to push myself into accomplishing more than I ever thought I could with help from my amazing team. And on top of that, I have so much fun being able to do what I love every day.”

Bryer takes her love of sailing and passes it onto up and coming sailors at Sea Adventure Camp in Jamestown Rhode Island.  For the past three years she had the opportunity to teach sailing on Hobie waves with her kids.  The program is half marine bio and half sailing, “I couldn’t ask for anything better!”

After graduation Bryer plans on working somewhere in pharmacy, but she is not really sire what exactly yet.  She also hopes to get into more competitive sailing coaching as well.

The URI sailing team is excited to see what else she can accomplish in the next four seasons in her college sailing career!

You can follow Rachel Bryer and the rest of the URI sailing team’s scores here.

RahRah RAMS! 

URI- marketer/ social media PR major with a business minor Class of 2016 URI sailing