This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

It’s no surprise that the things we loved as kids tend to turn into things that we dislike as adults. Something that I have personally noticed over the years is my change in attitude towards snow.

As kids, snow meant sitting by the phone or in front of the TV, waiting to hear the announcement that school was canceled. It meant gathering up all the kids on the street for *epic* snowball fights. It meant hot cocoa and movies rather than sitting in school, bored af. It meant meeting up at the best hill in town with basically every other kid you knew for sledding or building snow men and snow women.

It meant sitting in front of the fire after hours in the snow to warm up your little fingers and toes. It meant looking like a big marshmallow to avoid hypothermia. And no matter how many layers you had on you still managed to get your clothes wet. Snow meant pure fun.

As adults, snow symbolizes the *possibility* of work and/or classes being canceled.

It means taking the extra twenty minutes in the morning to start your car, turn the defrost up all the way and clean off all the snow. Ugh.

Snow means worrying about skidding off the road and having to text your loved ones to let them know you got somewhere safely.

Snow means ‘cabin fever’ and constantly complaining about the cold. It means wishing you were somewhere warm and constantly posting about wanting warm weather on social media. It means making sure that you have enough food, candles and flashlights when the weatherman announces the predicted snowfall.

It can also mean binge-watching your favorite show or simply catching up on sleep. Snow means a lot, but nothing close to what it meant as a kid.

In just a small period of time your attitude towards snow changes drastically. But before you complain about all that white stuff outside, take a minute to remember how much you loved snow when you were little.

…if you can’t think of a specific moment of youthful snow fun then you must be from the south!

I'm Natalie Prisco and I am a Senior at the University of Rhode Island majoring in Kinesiology on the Physical Therapy track. I am one of the Campus-Correspondents at URI. In my free time you can catch me going to the gym, hanging out with friends or binge watching Netflix.