books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Second Semester Thank You Notes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

It’s just about that time to say au revoir to second semester.  But before we go, I think we need to acknowledge some things that helped us make it out alive….

So thank you to…

1. Netflix, obviously

You’ve given us the gift of binge watching and for that, I cannot thank you enough.

2. Advil

You might have caused damage to my liver, but you simultaneously fought my headaches, so I forgive you.

3. Leggings

…because jeans were never an option.

4. Dunkin’ Donuts, Starbucks, Bagelz, Brewed Awakenings and Cool Beans… And the list goes on.

Shout out to all the places I called my home away from home.

5. Yik Yak

Thanks for keeping me updated when the football team lost time and time again, in addition to the glorious occassions where they brought cute animals on the quad.

6. The 24-hour room at the library

Even though your printer failed me on multiple occassions, I thank you for being there when I realized at 1:30am that I needed that hard-copy in class at 8am the next day. Your sleepless habits are a blessing.

7. Wikipedia & Yahoo Answers

You kept it simple and gave us college students what we wanted to hear.  I would also like to extend a small thank you to the dudes who run these blogs from their basements – don’t tell my professor, but I quoted you as a scholarly article. 

8. Naps

I looked forward to you from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. 

9. Hungryrhody.com

May your calzone’s and Chinese food one day recieve the ‘culinary seal of genius’ they rightfully deserve. 

10. Her Campus Articles

Lastly, I couldn’t have made it through second semester without spending hours upon hours scrolling through highlarious and enteraining articles from countless chapters.  I regret nothing.

Jamie is a freshman Communication Studies major at the University of Rhode Island. While she is not mourning the loss of Chelsea Lately, she enjoys watching Saturday Night Live, taking Buzzfeed quizzes, or making the mistake of stalking Instagram food accounts while on an empty stomach. Sarcasm is her forte and she strongly believes in leggings and reality television; if she cannot be a Kardashian, at least she can write about them.