This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

1. La Salette Shrine (Attleboro, Massachusetts) 

Spend a night with family or friends and walk around an enormous sky full of lights. Trees span the skyline with beautiful colorful lights. There are little religious gift shops full of great gifts. There is also a cafeteria filled with warm food and a section outside where you can sit down by a fire and roast some marshmallows.  

2. Slater Park Christmas Celebration (Pawtucket, Rhode Island)

This is a childhood tradition! I would go here with my parents and enjoy some cocoa and go on the country’s oldest running carousel. The park is lined with dozens of family decorated trees and pretty Christmas lights. This would be a short night activity. 

3. Edaville Railroads (South Carver, Massachusetts) 

I’m actually going here next weekend and I am beyond excited! The park is full of tiny little stores with candy and knick-knacks. Board the train (comes with your admission), and enjoy the beautiful sights of lights as you circle the beautiful park. This is a full night activity so plan ahead. The drive from the URI campus is over an hour and half, but it’s soooooo worth it.

Brooke Conneally is a sophomore at the University of Rhode Island, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Communications. She spends most of her time playing guitar while singing, pinning projects on Pinterest, cuddling with her cats, and organizing her room.