Reasons Why Every Woman Should Celebrate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Regardless of being in a relationship or being single, as February rolls around, everyone goes into the Valentine’s Day panic. Whether it’s your friend, acquaintance, boyfriend, girlfriend, mom, or dad, everyone wants someone to spend the day with.

Ladies, if you don’t have a honey to spend the day of romance with, it’s time to round up your closest girl friends. February 13th is Galentine’s Day; every woman’s excuse to love herself and all the lovely ladies in her life. Here are the reasons why Galentine’s Day is the best holiday in February.

1. It was created by the Queen Leslie Knope.  

If you haven’t started watching Parks and Recreation, you should. (It’s on Netflix; get bingeing.)

2. You get to celebrate with your closest girlfriends, co-workers, family and maybe even your favorite bartender. Everyone loves a good old GNO.

3.  Close friends are better than boyfriends, anyway. (PSA: I have a boyfriend).

4. Valentines Day makes people feel miserable and lonely. Don’t let yourself feel miserable and lonely.

5.  You can eat all the food your heart desires until you forget about your guy troubles.

6. Getting gifts for your girlfriends is way easier than for boyfriends. And, they know exactly what to get you in return.

7.  TREAT YO’ SELF. Need I say more?

Now, go call your bestie and start planning the best Galentine’s Day ever.

Hi Her Campus readers, I am Carly and I'm a sophomore journalism and communications major at URI. I'm originally from New York but Rhode Island is my second home. I love everything from pugs to the Yankees.
Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.