Reasons to be Happy You’re Spending Spring Break at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Spring Break is coming up, and you are so sick of all these people bragging about which tropical place they are going to. Rather than wishing you were going with them, take a second to appreciate the fact that you get to go HOME.

Here are some reasons why you should be happy that you’re not going away for spring break:

1. You’ll save money

Let’s face it, we all could use a week of saving rather than spending. Going away for spring break is way out of any college student’s budget, so take this week to relax and live off of your parents’ resources.

2. Family time

There’s nothing like catching up with family and relatives who you rarely see these days. Take some time to hang out and enjoy your time with the ones you love!

3. Sleep for days

This one cannot be stressed enough. Sleeping in as late as you want for a whole week sounds like a dream- use this spring break to make it a reality.

4. Home-cooked meals

You can’t deny that one of the best parts of going home is the food. Not only should you use this week to endulge in home-cooked meals, you can bring back leftovers to keep in the freezer.

5. No responsibilities

Simple as it sounds, one week of nothing to stress about will relieve your mind in so many ways. Take this week to enjoy no homework, exams, or class, and relax!

6. No worries about getting a bikini body anytime soon

All these people are worrying about which crash-diet or workout is going to get them in shape by spring break, but you get to just sit there smiling because you won’t be putting on a bathing suit for months.

7. Seeing/visiting home-town friends

While spending a week with your college BFFS seems fun, you are with them all semester! Take this week to reunite with home-town friends that also have break, or go visit those who don’t at their school!

8. You don’t have to feel guilty about binge-watching Netflix

It’s sometimes tough to really enjoy all the Netflix episodes you watch at school when you know you have other obligations you should probbly be worrying about. Take this week to catch up on all your fav shows!

9. You have time to pamper yourself

Take this week to relax and reward yourself for making it half-way through the semester. Get a massage, a mani-pedi, or a haircut. You deserve it! 

10. You can enjoy some fresh air

Between class, homework, and other obligation it’s hard to find time to get outdoors. Take a walk arounf your town or a trip to the nearest city and enjoy some fresh air and nature.

11. Spending time with your pet

We all know this one too well. Take this week to enjoy your pet and hope they forgive you for always leaving.

12. You can grab all the food from restaurants your school doesn’t have

Everyone has their favorite restaurants at home that just can’t be replaced. Take this week to endulge in all the places you’ve missed!

13. You can finally do that thing you were meaning to do

Whether it’s a doctor’s appointment, a haircut, going shopping, or calling your grandma… now’s the time to get it done!

The best vacation destination for Spring Break is clear. After all, there’s no place like home!

I'm a sophomore business major at URI. I'm from River Edge, New Jersey. I find joy in surrounding myself with my favorite people and making the best out of every situation. But i also find joy in eating food and laying in my bed.