An Open Letter To My College Besties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Dear College Besties,

First of all I’d like to apologize.  I’m sorry.  I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry.  I’m sorry for every single instance of passive aggression.  I’m sorry for drunk crying during the party and puking out the side of your car the next morning.  (I’m extra sorry for that one.)  I’m sorry for stealing your sweatshirt, but not so sorry that I’m going to give it back, because I really like it.   I’m also sorry for whining to you about my relationship, asking for advice, ignoring the advice, and then repeating the process five billion times.  I’m sorry for not playing it cool when seeing your crush on campus.  It’s just way more fun to embarass you.  I’m also sorry for all the humiliating snap chats I’ve posted of you.  Just kidding, no I’m not, those are hilarious.  I’m sorry for getting you sick, but we share pretty much everything so it’s kind of inevitable.  I’m sorry for being so repulsively disgusting–I’ll refrain from the dirty details, you know what I mean.  I’m sorry for hitting you with the cold hard truth; I only do it because I love you and want the best for you.  I’m sorry for not telling you more often how grateful I am to have you in my life.  Thank you.

Thank you for being there when I needed you, and even when I didn’t.  Thank you for filling the role as my mother, wife, sister, friend, doctor, guidance counselor, boyfriend, and therapist as needed.  Thank you for sharing with me: clothes, food, drinks, stories, etc.  Thank you for getting to know me, and loving me despite my faults.  Thank you for being hard on me and pushing me to be the best version of myself.  As much as I hate to admit it, I really do appreciate you giving me a hard time about missing class or hanging out with that guy again.  It’s that guilt I feel that makes me do the right thing.  Thank you for keeping me in line and letting me know when I’m acting like a psycho.  Thank you for picking me up when I’m standed from my one night stand.  Thank you for ticking my arm and playing with my hair when I ask; let’s face it I’m needy.  For bringing me gatorade when I’m hungover, there’s no way I can ever thank you enough.  Thank you for telling me when that outfit does make me look fat.  Thank you for helping me compose the perfect text/ choose the appropriate insta filter and caption.  Thanks for letting me cry.  And cry and cry and cry.  Thank you for becoming my family.

We may not have lived in the same neighborhood as kids, but we have grown up together.  I can’t wait to tell my kids about the crazy sh*t we did.  You are my best friends.  College wouldn’t be the same without you, and neither would I.

Sincerely,

Me

URI Her Campus President, Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief! Jersey Girl. Public Relations & Communication Studies double major. Class of 2O17. Usually at the beach, probably petting the closest dog.