The New Big’s Guide To Crafting For Her Little

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Recruitment is officially over and the hunting for littles has commenced. Big/little week is one of the most exciting weeks of the year in sorority world and is a great time to spoil the crap out of your new little.

1. Canvases

Extremely corny (but cute) quotes can be painted on canvases. They come in bulk at craft stores, so these are a great way to save some money! There are so many ideas of canvas painting ideas, you can customize them however you’d like. If you get stuck thinking of a creative way to entice your new little, Pinterest has a ton of ideas to offer!

2. T-shirt letters

Getting your little her first set of letters is extremely exciting! T-shirts can be customized to match your littles taste in clothes, and you can even buy yourself a shirt to match hers!

3. Drinking accessories

Shot glasses, wine glasses, mason jars, flasks, tumblers or anything else that could be used for drinking. Customizing these accessories with glitter or paint makes them extra cute!

4. Picture frames

Decorating a picture frame for your little is a really cute gift idea! Side note: make sure not to put a picture of the two of you in it because that would definitely ruin the surprise.

5. Her favorite things

This could be candy, alcohol, snacks, baked goods or anything else you know that your little loves!

6. A “Reasons Why I Love You” jar

Fill up a jar with popsicle sticks or Post-it notes of different reasons why your little is the bomb. This is bound to make her smile on a bad day or anytime she reads them!

7. A cooler

Coolers are typically given on 21st birthdays, but making a small cooler for your little is super cute. This craft may take a little more time, but is bound to look great!

8. A letters blanket

A blanket with letters on it is a cozy gift she’ll love. A great idea would be to coordinate the blanket colors with the colors of her bedding!

9. Pin box

If your sorority has a national pin or badge, make your little a decorated box to put her pin in. That way she’ll never lose it and can keep it in something cute! Boxes can be decorated anyway your little would like, but some fun ideas are Tiffany & Co. themed or themed to fit your sorority!

10. School apparel

Especially if your little is a freshman, her school apparel collection may be a little low. Getting your little a t-shirt or a pair of sweatpants from your school’s bookstore is a really thoughtful gift!

11. Room decorating

When you know your little is not going to be in the room for a while, take this time to decorate her room (with her roommates permission of course). Use balloons, streamers and anything that you think will look great. This will definitely surprise her!

12. Wooden sorority letters

Painting wooden sorority letters is a perfect idea for your little. You can draw any type of print on it so that your little can showcase her sorority letters in her room! 

Happy crafting!