My Tips on How to Have a Productive Morning

Recently, I have been finding it hard to find the motivation to do my work and be productive since most of my classes are online. I turned to YouTube to find some inspiration, watched a whole bunch of morning routine videos, and tried out many tips and tricks. I am going to share with you all the tips that worked for me to start having a productive morning.

1. Make a to-do list before you go to bed

This tip is essential. I feel like I can’t sleep well unless I know exactly what I want to get done the next day. I usually have a list of the tasks that must be done, with no exceptions. Then I have another list that I can check off if I have time. These tasks don’t need to be done right away, so there’s no sweat if you don’t finish it. 

To-do, list, paper, pen, journal Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters from Unsplash

2. Clean up your workspace

I can’t work at my desk if it is a mess, the clutter stresses me out. Clean up your desk before you go to bed so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning, and you can get straight to work.

laptop open on white desk with pink and golden accents Photo by Arnel Hasanovic from Unsplash

3. Wake up early

I feel like most of my best work is done early in the morning. It is easier to concentrate when all my roommates are still sleeping. Also, it feels so good to finish assignments early so that I have the rest of the day to myself. 

woman sitting on white bed stretching Photo by Bruce Mars from Unsplash

4. Make your bed right away

I find that if my bed isn’t made, I feel unproductive. Also, it is easier for me to just hop right back in and take a nap. I feel more put together once it’s made. I usually put “make the bed” on my to-do list so I can check something off right away. It’s the little things!

green-sheet-bundle Brooklinen

5. Shut off your phone

My phone is my biggest distraction. Without even realizing it, I will be hours deep into TikTok. Shutting off my phone allows me to focus on my work and get more done. 

Rose gold smartphone on top of white white covered book with smartwatch Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels Even though we all want to keep up with our classes, don't forget to take breaks and take some time to yourself! Burnout is real!