This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

The biggest night in music is also a huge night in fashion. The Grammy’s red carpet is always interesting, to say the least, and the 2020 Grammy’s were not lacking, so here I am to provide you with my top five favorite red carpet looks!

Ariana Grande

My favorite look of the night was Ariana Grande in just about the poofiest dress I’ve ever seen. The strapless gown was an absolutely gorgeous gray color, and she wore matching gray gloves to complete the entire look. Not only was the dress an entire serve, but can we talk about her hair? Obviously, she sported her famous high pony, but I loved the side-bang look she had going as well. Ariana absolutely owned the carpet in my opinion, with two wardrobe changes for the carpet, and then one after her performance. Also, can we talk about the slow-motion video of her on the carpet fluffing her dress? Never seen anything like it. Ariana is in the top two and she is not number two!

Lizzo

Um…HELLO! Lizzo looked absolutely stunning in a strapless white fitted gown with some silver sparkly designs on it. She also accessorized with a white fur wrap, a flattering necklace, and some cute white strappy heels that showed through the thigh-high slit in her gown. Lizzo really never disappoints, she really showed up to the Grammys looking like a whole angel. And also, I would like to point out the dress she wore throughout the show. This beautiful black gown that had beautiful sparkles detailing it. The dress basically looked as if you were looking up into the stars on a pitch-black night. Look it up if you haven’t seen it, I am in love. 

Billy Porter

Like holy sh*t. As if we expected anything less from Billy Porter, he may have given us one of the best memes of 2020 already. Billy’s teal sparkly ensemble was absolutely eye-catching, and it did not end there. Billy had sparkly fringe hanging from his pants from the knee down, a matching silver fringe purse, and the best part, a teal hat with silver fringe hanging off of the brim. And it doesn’t end there, Billy’s hat…motorized. Yes, he was able to open and close the fringe of the hat as he pleased (hence the meme). He also had some eye-catching teal eye-liner to match the outfit. Not disappointed. 

Gwen Stefani

Do I know why I loved Gwen Stefani’s dress? No, but I did. This cupcake looking dress with some pretty flower embellishments and the thigh-high boots looked like an Ariana Grande inspired look, and I loved everything about it. The dress is strapless and actually looks like a two-tier cake, but she made it work effortlessly. And the pin-straight behind the back hair made the entire look more simplified. You go, Gwen!

Dua Lipa

And last but not least, I included Dua on this list. I loved absolutely everything about this look, from the skirt to the cami to the hair. Dua’s silk skirt came laid below her hips, and her silk cami tank top laid right above, giving me very 2000s low rise vibes. Also her hair!! Messy (but not messy) bun going on in the back, and two straight chunks of long bangs in the front. I loved every vibe this look was giving off. That was a hard look to pull off and she did FLAWLESSLY!

Well, if you watched the Grammy’s red carpet, I hope you appreciate my taste in looks. And if you didn’t GO LOOK UP ALL OF THESE LOOKS RIGHT NOW! I don’t think you’ll be sorry. 

My name is Mackenzie Moraski, I am a freshman and I'm undecided! In my free time I love playing with my dog.