This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Christmas is much more than a holiday to me. Growing up, I spent the whole month with my family listening to holiday tunes and watching only Christmas movies. We’d spend nights just driving around the beautiful neighborhoods with pretty lights. I love this time of year because it not only makes me feel happy, but it makes me feel so nostalgic. I’ve listed a few parts about the holiday season that make my heart warm and hopefully, you can relate too. 

1. Music 

Tis’ the season for bells in every single song. As soon as it hits November (yes, I am one of those crazy people), Christmas songs start to scatter into my daily playlist. Once it’s Black Friday, it’s only Christmas music. I love covers, I love originals. There are so many great songs that bring back such a great feeling that I remember from childhood. 

2. Movies

Every day, I dream about wearing cozy socks with thick blankets and watching Christmas movies with a cup of hot cocoa. Being at school, especially during this time of year because of finals, I have no time to just to relax and enjoy some Netflix. I am counting down the days until I can lay in my bed at home and just enjoy my break. 

3. Family 

The month of December has always been a month of spending time with family. Every weekend is another family event of swapping gifts and making delicious comfort food. I can’t wait to just sit down on the couch, enjoy a night by the fire and hangout with my family. 

Brooke Conneally is a sophomore at the University of Rhode Island, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Communications. She spends most of her time playing guitar while singing, pinning projects on Pinterest, cuddling with her cats, and organizing her room.