This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

After 6 months of quarantine and a million books later, I have some new favorite books ranging from young adult to adult that everyone needs to read.

girl reading on train
Photo by Will Tarpey from Unsplash
Vicious by Leigh Bardugo Two college students take their thesis on near-death experiences and supernatural abilities to the next level, turning them into archenemies. The story moves back and forth between their time at college and ten years later. This book is genuinely one of my all-time favorites. It felt like I was watching an Oscar-winning movie, and I don’t get this feeling often. Fans of the X-Men and morally grey characters will love this.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Two magicians find themselves in a competition where only one can survive. The venue for the battle is the mysterious Night Circus, a carnival that appears in the blink of an eye and disappears just as fast. This story is an enchanting and whimsical adventure of love and magic. It is written in beautiful prose that leaves you breathless. This one is definitely for those who love lyrical writing, which I am a sucker for. After finishing the book, I could not stop thinking about it and wished I could go back and read it for the first time again.  

reading bana
Photo by Fabiola Peñalba from Unsplash
Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahren Love, Rosie chronicles the life of long-time best friends Alex and Rosie as they head down separate paths and somehow always end up finding their way back to each other, but not always in the way they hoped. It is told through emails, instant messages, and letters spanning 45 years. I simply adore Love, Rosie. There are so many life lessons to be learned in this story. It is also a super quick and easy read. Plus there is a movie with the same title starring Lily Collins and Sam Claflin! But in my opinion, the book is definitely better.

Hi! My name is Casey Badal and I am the Co-President of Her Campus at URI. I am a Textiles, Fashion Merchandising and Design major with a minor in Public Relations. I love all things fashion, reading and movies!