Movie Quotes Every College Kid Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Whether you’re a triple major at an Ivy League school, a Division I athlete being drafted to the MLB, or a lazy, hungover sophomore who can barely make it to class, there are just some things that all college students can relate to. We have all had our hearts broken, found your maid of honor or best man, and failed an exam (or three). If you’re going through something right now, I guarantee you you’re not alone.

For the person who truly understands what YOLO means…

“You know what? F*ck beauty contests. Life is one f*cking beauty contest after another. You know, school, then college, then work, f*ck that. And f*ck the Air Force Academy. If I wanna fly, I’ll find a way to fly. You do what you love, and f*ck the rest.” – Little Miss Sunshine

For the person who is tackling life one day at a time…

“My momma always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’ ” – Forrest Gump

For the couple who is planning on ending things after graduation…

“We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it.” – The Notebook

For the person who loves their best friend more than any SO…

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”  – Winnie the Pooh

For the person who knows you meet your best friends in college…

“You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But, when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack… it grew by one. So there… there were two of us in the wolf pack… I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, “Wait a second, could it be?” And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!” – The Hangover

For the person who is talented enough to balance a social life and school work…

“There’s a time for daring and there’s a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for.” – Dead Poets Society

For the person whose major is currently “undecided” (don’t sweat it, you have plenty of time)…

“I’m going to do what I want to do.  I’m going to be who I really am.  And I’m going to figure out what that is.” – Perks of Being a Wallflower

For the person who just can’t seem to win…

“Well, if you say you haven’t, you’re a prude.  If you say you have, you’re a slut.  It’s a trap.  You want to but you can’t, and when you do you wish you didn’t, right?”- The Breakfast Club

For the person who wants to cherish their youth…

“I think we all – I think all of us – want to feel something we’ve forgotten or turned our backs on because maybe we didn’t realize how much we were leaving behind.  We need to remember what used to be good.  If we don’t, we won’t recognize it even if it hits us between the eyes.” – 13 Going on 30

And for the person who wants to stick it to the man…

“What is learning? It’s paying attention. It’s opening yourself up to this great big ball of sh*t that we call life, and what’s the worst that could happen? You get bit in the ass. Well let me tell you: my ass looks like hamburger meat, but I can still sit down.” – Accepted

Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.
Jamie is a freshman Communication Studies major at the University of Rhode Island. While she is not mourning the loss of Chelsea Lately, she enjoys watching Saturday Night Live, taking Buzzfeed quizzes, or making the mistake of stalking Instagram food accounts while on an empty stomach. Sarcasm is her forte and she strongly believes in leggings and reality television; if she cannot be a Kardashian, at least she can write about them.