This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

There’s something special about growing up with another girl by your side. Whether it’s one sister, multiple sisters, cousins or friends that feel like sisters, we can all relate to these moments with our favorite ladies.

Photo By Pixabay-Pexels

1. Long Car Rides

After a few family vacations, you and your sister have a well-established backseat protocol. You’ve learned when it’s time to stop annoying her with the games you’ve invented and pop in your headphones for a while.

Photo By Elle Hughes-Pexels

2. Secret Language

When you have the same childhood, sometimes all it takes is a single word or even just a look to communicate an entire idea or story with one another. That is, of course in addition to the language you tried to create yourselves when you were little.

Photo By Pixabay-Pexels

3. Honesty

She’s the first person to tell you when you have something in your teeth or when you need to fix your hair. You know you’re stuck together no matter what so you’re not afraid to tell the truth even when it might not be the best news. The two of you have got each other’s backs no matter what.

Photo By Trinity Kubassek-Pexels

4. Advice

There’s no one else who understands you in quite the same way as her, so she’s always the first person you go to when you’re in a tough situation. You know she always wants what’s best for you so you can trust what she tells you more than anyone else.

Photo By rawpixel.com-Pexels

5. The Photos

From the time you were born, your parents started taking millions of photos of you and your sisters. As you get older, you can justify having an Instagram photoshoot by saying “oh yeah this is for mom.” Putting recent photos side by side with old ones is a great way to see how even though your haircuts and heights might change, your love for one another never will.

Biological Sciences major at the University of Rhode Island. In my free time you can find me dancing, watching football, or cooking vegetarian meals!