This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Have you ever imagined being on a reality television show? Well this dream quickly became a reality for URI’s very own Dario Medrano.

Medrano originally attended URI to pursue a baseball career. After playing on the team, he decided to chase after another dream.  After applying to be on numerous MTV shows, Medrano finally had the chance to debut his big personality on “Are You The One: Season 2”.

The premise of the show was for 10 single males and 10 single females to find his or her perfect match…but this season there was a twist. 11 girls would be fighting to find their perfect match with only 10 guys. If each member found his or her perfect match by the end of week 10, the cast would win $1 million!! The show took place on the beautiful island of Puerto Rico and premiered on Monday, October 6, 2014 10/9c. Although things didn’t work out with his perfect match, Medrano remains good friends with many of the cast members.

“Being on a show like this changes your life forever,” said Medrano. “It’s an incredible experience that not many people get to have. I learned a lot about myself from being on the show; it motivated me to try new things and to strive to reach every one of my goals. I made it to MTV, I can do this.”

As a second semester senior, we asked Medrano what advice he would give to college freshman. He responded with, “It goes by fast…4 years doesn’t feel like 4 years so make the most of it”. Medrano continues to study communications at the University of Rhode Island and hopes to pursue a career as a host of a television show.

Want to learn more about Dario Medrano? Follow him on social media:

Instrgram: @mtvdario

Twitter: @mtvdario

Alexia Williams is a member of the Class of 2017 at the University of Rhode Island. She is a Elementary Education and Sociology double major. She loves to eat, pray,and love!
Kristina Spinelli is a Junior at the University of Rhode Island. She is double-majoring in Health Studies and English Literature. She has a passion for photography and loves to read and write as well. 
Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.