This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Jessi Minneci from Nutley, NJ loves Rhode Island, her family, and making the most out of every experience she can. In three short years at URI, this junior has sky dived in Philadelphia, listened to the Pope speak at the Vatican, landed an internship with WMNP Mixx 99.3 and started her own blog.

Minneci’s involvement on campus started when she became a tour guide during her freshman year. When she was a sophomore, she joined an organization called W.O.W.W (We’re Offering Women Wisdom) and now holds an executive position. Most recently, she is pursuing an internship with WJAR, the NBC network affiliate news station of Rhode Island and a job with WMNP Mix 99.3 Top 40 FM radio station.

“Honestly, I feel like I’m having the time of my life this semester. Interning at NBC is such an honor and has been such an amazing adventure already. On top of that, training to be a radio host for a popular station that broadcasts from Connecticut to Mass? I feel so blessed,” Minneci said.

While she is reaching for opportunities and chasing experiences in Rhode Island, Minneci never forgets where she came from.

“Going away to college was hard for me because I am really close with my family. I enjoy being at home and cooking big Italian meals; my favorite thing to make is homemade pasta,” Minneci said. “Over break, there was a lot of fettuccine, ravioli, and manicotti making in my house. I brought this habit back with me to Narragansett, so whenever I’m missing home, I immediately start cooking.”

In addition to channeling her Italian roots, Minneci enjoys blogging, entertainment news, and travel. Over the past year, she has traveled to Italy, England, France, Iceland, Colorado, and South Carolina. The best part? It was all just for fun.

Read on to learn more about Minneci!

Name: Jessi Minneci

Age: 20

Year: junior

Major: journalism and marine affairs

Relationship Status: Single <3

Favorite Food: sushi

Celebrity crushes: Jimmy Fallon, Zac Efton, and Seth Rogen

What is the weirdest thing about you?

I drink at least three chai lattes per day.

Describe yourself in five words.

“Curious, adventurous, opinionated, lover, dreamer.”

What do you look for in a significant other?

I definitely look for someone who is adventurous and fun-loving. I’m always down to take a spontaneous road trip, to go cliff jumping, to sing karaoke, and just to try new things in general. I’m also a sucker for someone who can make me laugh. A great sense of humor is the key to everything. 

What is your favorite quote?

“Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning” – Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom

What is your favorite spot on campus?

I love sitting on the quad in between classes on a sunny day… especially the day when puppies come to visit before spring finals.”

Caroline Ibrahim is a freshman business major at The University of Rhode Island. Caroline was born in Egypt but then moved to Boston with her family when she was seven years old. She is now bilingual in English and Arabic and hopes to one day visit her home in Egypt. Ever since she got her hands on a camera she has been obsessed with capturing every moment on it. Since Caroline has been on campus she has gotten involved with being a sister of Alpha Phi sorority and a promoter for Platinum Entertainment Group.
Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.