Style

It’s Officially ‘Winter in the morning, Summer in the afternoon’ Szn: Here’s Some Outfit Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

For those of us who struggle with morning classes during the last few weeks of September, we’re faced with the hardest decision in the morning on how to dress for the day, while trying to decode our weather app. You arrive on campus enjoying the crisp air of autumn approaching, yet as you leave your last class of the day, you’re hit with an 80° brick wall, regretting everything about those black jeans. Here are five style ideas that will help with the confusion. 

Style Idea #1:

(Warning: All outfits have the option of including a jean jacket.) I love a good denim skirt, and paired with a lightweight t-shirt and booties is a signature look. Pair with your favorite denim jacket (yes girl, we love denim on denim) and tie it around your waist when necessary.

Skirt (Target)

Shirt (Target)

Black booties (H&M)

Brown booties (Tillys)

Jean Jacket (Forever 21)

Style Idea #2: 

Dress it up a little more, a bodycon dress with a high neckline is a great compromise for a warmer look. This cream dress is paired with a blush blazer that can be dressed up or down depending on your choice of booties or simple, yet stylish white sneakers. The blazer is a great, lightweight option for days where the weather will be more unpredictable.

Dress (Forever 21)

White Shoes (Forever 21)

Blazer (Forever 21)

Style Idea #3:

I love a good long sleeve and skirt combo, and this knitted, camel brown shirt will keep you warm while the high-waisted skirt will keep you cool. Don’t be afraid to add some plaid into your life.

Skirt (Forever 21)

Shirt (Forever 21)

Style Idea #4:

‘The slip dress,’ is a 90’s trend that is certainly making a comeback. Pair it with your favorite comfy tee, or in this case, a lightweight turtle neck. Complete the look with chunky sandals or your signature booties (And a great jean jacket).

Slip Dress (Forever 21)

Turtleneck (Forever 21)

Sandals (Steve Madden)

Style Idea #5:

A mini skirt and a blazer is a fashionable yet comfortable look that anyone can rock. The long sleeves add dimension with a short skirt, and a chunky boot really brings the look together. With two neutral pieces, pair the look with a patterned top with different elements – this top keeps the summery feels alive with its long ties that can be wrapped around or tied into a bow.

Skirt (Forever 21)

Shirt (Forever 21)