This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

September 28th, at 5:30 a.m., my friends and I headed to the airport to catch our plane to Florida. We spontaneously bought tickets to Disney only about two weeks ago. I know what you might be thinking, it seems crazy to book a whole trip for a weekend when you’re at school and don’t have any time, but it was so worth it. We got cheap airplane tickets for round trip and we stayed at a hotel under refurbishment, so it was cheaper. 

We bought tickets Friday night to “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.” If you have never been I highly recommend it. “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” is the only time adults can dress up like their favorite characters. Also Magic Kingdom is all decorated for fall and it looks amazing.

On Friday we got back to our hotel and got all dressed up in our costumes. Since we had tickets for the event, we couldn’t get into the park until 4:00 p.m., and the party didn’t start until 7:00 p.m. We took the bus from our hotel to the park. 

My friends and I about one week before our flight, decided we wanted to dress up as Disney princesses in their ‘before’ look. We bought fabric from the store and decided to sew our skirts and accessories, like aprons and bows. We ended up buying white body suits and white skirts, and dyed them blue in our bathroom to get the right color. Needless to say, there was a lot of crafting happening the week before we left, including late nights in front of the TV hand sewing the trim to the bottom of our skirts. 

(From left to right we dressed up as Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel, and Belle)

We spent the night watching a fireworks show, a new “Hocus Pocus” show in honor of 25 years and the “Boo To You Parade.” The characters in the parade interacted with the audience and you were able to see characters that you normally don’t. We got in line and were able to meet Captain Jack Sparrow, Tarzan, Jane and Turk and many other rare characters. We bumped into Anastasia and Drizella, as well as Cruella DeVille just strolling around Fantasy Land. We stayed until the very end of the night and were able to get some pictures on Main Street in front of the castle with almost no one in them.

So, if you’re looking for something to do one of the next few weekends, maybe just book a spontaneous trip to Disney and get to be an actual princess. You won’t regret it, but your bank account might. I’ll leave you with this letter unscramble game, that we won prizes for solving in Hollywood Studios on Saturday. First line is a Disney Movie, second is a ride and the third one is a character from a Disney Movie.

Psychology major at URI with a double minor in English and Education. Loves coffee & anything caramel, dancing, music and watching Netflix. Obsessed with all things Disney and spent a semester working at Disney's Animal Kingdom.