sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How I Prepare For The Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Are you sitting in bed procrastinating all your upcoming work? Are you wondering if you’ll ever be organized? Maybe you will be once you read this.

I Start Out Every Sunday By Writing Out All of the Work I Have Due the Upcoming Week

I break up the work by class and write when each thing is due. This makes it so I can easily check things off as I accomplish them and by the end of the week I can see that I have done everything I needed. I also enjoy making this checklist because it helps me feel out how busy I will be the upcoming week

I Check My Planner and Phone Calendar

At the beginning of the school year, I always plug in my assignments to my planner. Then throughout the semester, I can look ahead to see what tests and big events I have. I also like to take a look at my phone calendar because when I am on the go I often put events in my schedule. I also like to set an event reminder about an hour or so before depending on the event that way I remember when I have someplace to be.

I Look Over All of the Clothes In My Coset

I’m not the type of person who can plan their outfits for the whole week. Too often I pick an outfit and the day comes to wear it and I don’t feel like wearing that particular thing. Especially when that thing is jeans. Instead, I like to take a quick peek at what I currently have in my closet that way when I’m getting ready throughout the week I can look back and start to come up with an outfit in my head. I feel like this saves so much time without really having to commit to an outfit each day of the week.

I Clean-Up My Room

This kind of goes without saying, but having a clean space can help you be much more successful during the week. I pay special attention to my desk where I do my makeup because it is so much easier to get ready when everything is where it is supposed to be. I can easily grab what I need, which saves time. I also like to clean up any trash so that I don’t need to take care of that during the week.

I Watch Netflix

School can be extremely stressful so once I know I have accomplished everything else, I take some time and watch some Netflix or Hulu. This is how I unwind before a stressful week of classes.

Now go get some sleep and prepare for your week!

My name is Katie Hannaford and I'm from Stafford, CT. I am a sophomore Health Studies major at The University of Rhode Island. I love to take cozy naps and my favorite color is yellow!