Holiday Gift Ideas For Your College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Give the college student in your life something that they will use and love this holiday season! 

1. Gift cards

Donate to the “poor college student fund” this season! Give the gift of take-out food, groceries or gas by putting a gift card under the tree. Gift cards are of great use to every college student. 

2. Portable phone charger

We college students are BUSY, and sometimes don’t have time to run back to our dorms and grab a charger! To fix this problem, give your beloved college student a portable phone charger. Amazon and Target sell portable phone chargers for cheap. The college student in your life can’t give you the excuse that their phone died when you tried to call if you gift them a portable charger!

3. Heated blankets and fuzzy socks

After a long day or week, laying in bed and binge watching our favorite shows is high on our to-do list. Being wrapped up in a heated blanket with some fuzzy socks on would only make it better!

4. Kits

These can be made up of your college student’s favorite things such as candy or other snacks. They can also serve purposes: try putting together a First-Aid kit or a “hangover remedy” kit stocked up with medicine and ice packs. Your college student will get *tons* of use out of the kit that you gift them with!

5. Cards and board games

Give the gift of FUN this year! When there is nothing to do on a Saturday night, a good game of Cards Against Humanity can save your college student and their friends from boredom.

I'm Natalie Prisco and I am a Senior at the University of Rhode Island majoring in Kinesiology on the Physical Therapy track. I am one of the Campus-Correspondents at URI. In my free time you can catch me going to the gym, hanging out with friends or binge watching Netflix.