This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

On Friday March 27, 2015 the Student Alliance For The Welfare Africa (SAWA) will present the 9th annual Hair It Goes hair show.

Hannah Onamiye is the President of SAWA and has been working tirelessly with members and additional volunteers to coordinate this year’s show. Models are volunteers from within and beyond the URI community. SAWA embraces all forms of beauty and experience levels for their shows, which is one of the powerful messages they want to send.

All proceeds from the show go to St. Jude Children’s Hospital. The funds will contribute to endowing events for the children at the hospital along with wigs and hair accessories for their chemotherapy patients. 

This year’s show features artists: YUNGMUSE, VERZATYLE, SCARLETTWHITE, E.J. The Singer and more.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show begins at 7:00 p.m.

Admission for URI Students is $7.00   General Admission is $10.00   VIP is $20.00

After the hair show, SAWA is hosting an after party in the Memorial Union Ballroom. Doors close no later than 12:00 p.m.

Admission for URI Students is $5.00    Non- URI Students is $7.00

Music is by DJ F.B. All proceeds from the after party also go to St. Jude Children’s Hospital.

Come out and support the SAWA organization. Their hard work and dedication to engaging and embracing the diversity on this campus should not go unnoticed! 

Alexia Williams is a member of the Class of 2017 at the University of Rhode Island. She is a Elementary Education and Sociology double major. She loves to eat, pray,and love!