bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Getting over the Freshmen Plague

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

When you’re living in the dorm with so many other people, you are bound to get sick when one person gets sick. I personally like to call it the freshmen plague. Here are some things that have helped me recover quickly.

1. When you start feeling sick, immediately take Dayquil/Nyquil or Emergen-C.

2. Whenever you have free time, take a nap! Try to get as much sleep as you can because that is when your body is healing.

3. Stay hydrated! This is key. Drinking water helps to flush everything out and it is more important to be hydrated when you are sick. You should be drinking more water than you normally do on a regular basis. Bring a reusable water bottle around with you!

4. Don’t just stay in bed. Go outside and get fresh air because staying in bed will just make you groggy.

5. ​Minimal exercise to get your body moving, don’t go too hard because your body needs to heal.

6. Try to go on with your regular routine. Don’t let this sickness stop you!

7. Stay germ free and healthy this season! 

Amanda Lin is from Seattle, WA and is a Doctor of Pharmacy major at the University of Rhode Island! She is passionate about health, fashion, and food. Check out her webpage (amandanlin.com), and connect with her through Instagram at @amandanlin and @nomnomwithalin!