Fun Ways to Spend Valentine’s Day 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

We are one week away from everyone’s favorite (or least favorite) holiday! Even though it’s not a public holiday, AKA you still have to go to work or school, it still feels good to have a day dedicated to love!

PSA: you don’t have to have a significant other to celebrate! 

There is no harm in celebrating “Galentine’s Day” with your best girls…or guys! Here are some fun things to do to celebrate. 

1. Go out to dinner

Treat yo’ self! Whether you go to a fancy restaurant with your SO or to the diner around the corner with your friends: splurge! Eat those extra calories, no one will judge! You deserve it.

2. Watch a movie 

Gather up your favorite girls (or your lover) and plop yourselves on the couch. I know Valentine’s Day is on a Wednesday but, hey, there’s no problem with taking a study break! If you and your SO go to different colleges, wait til’ the next weekend you’re together and celebrate! 

3. Surprise someone 

Do something your BFF or bae would never expect! Send them flowers or an Edible Arrangement (everyone loves chocolate covered fruit). Leave your roomie a note before you go off to class or post a cute couple pic on Insta for your SO to wake up to. There are so many little things you can do to make someone feel loved on V-Day! 

4. Try something new!

There are so many fun and cheap things out there to do! You could try baking a new recipe, and hopefully it ends up better than this lady’s masterpiece ^^^. You could have your own paint night at home instead of going to a paint bar. If you’re feeling spontaneous and are willing to spend the extra money, try a dance lesson or even a Zumba class! Make Valentine’s Day fun whether you are single or taken!

Hey everyone! My name is Cassie and I am from Connecticut. I am a junior at URI majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with that major yet but hey, that's what college is for! I am obviously a apart of the URI Her Campus chapter and I am also a member of the Colleges Against Cancer here at URI. In this club, we plan the annual URI Relay for Life which is held down in Mackal Field House. I am so excited for our Her Campus launch and to be writitng weekly articles for you all :)