Every Kind of Person You’ll Encounter on the RIPTA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

As the weather gets colder, the RIPTA gets hotter by the day, which means people watching season is here. If you’ve ever taken the RIPTA, you’ve definitely encountered at least one of these types of people. If not, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

1. The person that talks really, really, really loud.

Sorry, girl, I hate to break it to you but I really don’t care about how drunk you were last weekend especially while en route to my 9 a.m. class.

2. The person standing that can’t hold their balance.

The secondhand embarrassment is real. Which brings me to my next point…

3. The person who can stand up and balance without holding anything.

You have to admit, the RIPTA drivers operate the RIPTA like Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious, which is why you have to give props to the person who can stand/walk/do any other sort of activity without holding onto the bars.

4. The fighting couples.

This isn’t something you see everyday, but consider yourself lucky when you do. #entertainment

5. The person who tries getting on while everyone’s getting off.

PLEASE tell me what the rush is…

6. The regular.

This is someone you see every single time you get on the RIPTA no matter what time it is to the point that you wonder if they’ve made the RIPTA their home.

7. The person rockin’ out to whatever music the RIPTA driver is playing.

Questionable how they know every single word to every single song.

8. The person who reserves an extra seat for their backpack.

No it’s fine, I’ll just stand and run the risk of falling on my face, as long as your backpack is comfy!

9. The person who missed their stop.

The most awkward moment ever is when this person has a full mental breakdown because they have to walk a couple extra feet. I feel you, number 9, I feel you.

10. The person who doesn’t move over when sitting in the aisle seat.

Almost as frustrating as number 8.

11. The person talking on the phone.

Do you really have to complain to your mom about your roommate at this very second?!

12. The hot guy that you know you’re going to see.

Shout out to this guy because he’s actually inspiration to look nice in the morning.