This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

The End Is Near: Marvel’s Avengers

Marvel released their Avengers: Endgame trailer and I am super excited and scared. 

WARNING SPOILER ALERT: 

The trailer starts in a very dark place. Cinematically, this scene is dark with green lighting and we meet our hero in a spaceship drifting through the cosmos. We are given a heart wrenching moment of Tony Stark (Played by Robert Downey Jr.) recording his last message to Pepper Pots, his fiance (Played by Gwyneth Paltrow). While it is long been speculated Tony has to die in order to save the universe, I don’t want him to die alone. Plus, it seems super wrong to have him die sad, alone, starving and choking from a lack of oxygen. Granted, I also never imagined Tony growing old and living happily. Marvel just loves to hurt our feelings.

After that we see a person walking through a field, obviously it’s Thanos (Played Josh Brolin). This aligns with the comics, after killing half the universe our purple grandpa villain becomes a farmer. He has hung up his armor, and taps out. After, we are given scenes that leave us all feeling kind of helpless.

The Russo brothers did beautiful work by keeping the lighting low and showing the viewers our heroes vulnerable and broken. We see Steve Rogers, Captain America (Played by Chris Evans) and Natalia Romanova, Black Widow (Played by Scarlet Johansson), which we can assume are the only two remaining Avengers.

Hawkeye, Clint Barton (Played by Jeremy Renner) is alive and might be a ninja. It is a fan theory that his family was wiped out, thanks to the Thanos’s snap. This leads him to become Ronin, a master samurai. Natalia finds him in an alley with a hood on, which is a super sketchy place to find your best friend.

Our beloved brunette, Stevie, says some heartbreaking words in the trailer. He says “Cause I don’t know what I’m going to do if it doesn’t.” This line could be about their plan to save the universe. I personally just want Steve to live by the end of this movie, I love him so much.

To finish the trailer, the A in Avengers seems to be putting itself back together, as if it is trying to reassemble itself after Thanos’s devastating blow. To end on a brighter note, we see Ant-Man, Scott Lang (Played by Paul Rudd) at the front gate of the Avengers campus. This suggests time travel may be involved in this movie. I personally have been waiting for this timeline to get more confusing, because Spiderman: Homecoming did not seem chronologically right. Also, where is Captain Marvel?

I am so excited to see how Marvel ties up all these loose ends and finishes this ten-year journey. April cannot come fast enough. 

Felrette Greene is currently a sophomore at the University of Rhode Island, she is currently majoring in Political Science. In her free time, she can be found watching Netflix, reading, writing, or taking pictures. You can check out her photography skills on her Instagram @ fifi.greene.